At Newman Family Dental Center, we strive to protect the health of our employees and patients.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. We have adjusted our procedures to follow all of the enhanced infection control guidelines for dental offices, as made by the Michigan Dental Association (MDA), American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- We have state of the art sterilization equipment for our instruments, and use hospital-grade disinfectants on all surfaces.
- Our doctors and staff members use the highest level of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) available.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some simple screening questions.
- We have installed Plexiglas barriers all along our front desk. Also, we have floor markings to indicate appropriate places for our patients to stand or sit when waiting to be called back for their appointments, or when checking in or out at the front desk.
- All air circulated throughout our office passes through a UV light filtration system for disinfection.
What to Expect During Your Appointment
- When you arrive at the office for your appointment, call (313)563-1860 before entering the building, so that we may accommodate you to maintain social distancing practices.
- We also kindly ask that all persons entering the office wear a mask.
- When you arrive at your appointment we will take your temperature. Anyone with a temperature 100°F or answering in the affirmative to any of our pre-appointment screening questions, will be asked to reschedule their appointment and consult with their physician.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and we request you use it when you enter and exit the office.
We look forward to seeing you very soon,
-The Newman Family Dental Team
(Note: For more information about COVID-19 and those people considered High Risk, please visit this dedicated CDC web page.)